Sustainalytics supports investors around the world with the development and implementation of responsible investment strategies. The firm partners with institutional investors, pension funds, and asset managers that integrate environmental, social and governance information and assessments into their investment decisions. Sustainalytics is a mission driven company, headquartered in Amsterdam with offices and representatives in 13 locations around the world. www.sustainalytics.com
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Level: Entry-Level, 2
- Location: Timisoara
- Reports to: Andrada Nitoiu, Associate Analyst based in Timisoara
- Start date: January 2016
- Number of positions: 5
POSITION PURPOSE & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Are you interested in how the major listed companies manage their environmental, social and governance risks? How they tackle climate change? And how they treat their employees and contractors? And again how they mitigate corruption risks across operations and countries?
- Are you interested in finding out the difference between “greenwashing” and sustainability?
- Do you want to understand why companies like Shell and Statoil are revisiting strategies to drill oil in the artics and other unconventional regions?
- Do you want to know what kind of supply chain programmes Apple implemented to avoid incidents over working conditions in its factories?
- Do you want to know how poor corporate governance and bribery allegations can affect a company’s reputation? Have you followed the recent news about the bribery and rigging bids at Enel Romania? •Do you want to contribute to developing research processes for thematic research?
- Do you like to contribute to product innovation and learn more about text and data mining?
Look no more! This is exactly what we do at Sustainalytics: assess and rate the companies’ performance on environment, social and governance. Junior Information Specialists are involved in desktop research to identify relevant sources; process, analyze and score information leading to an overall company assessment. You will also be working closely with Sustainalytics’ Innovation Team to develop and test innovative research processes to structure and analyze information with text mining solutions. We have our own methodology with a dedicated rating system and our research contributes to different industry reports, ratings, screenings and engagement tools that give responsible investors the information they need to make long-term investment decisions. You’ll have a local manager who will be training you on the different industries.
- Academic background in related discipline (finance, economics, business or environmental sciences);
- Excellent business English oral and writing skills are essential, as the company’s working language is English; © Sustainalytics 2015 1
- Interest in designing, monitoring and improving processes;
- Interest or background in technological innovation is valued;
- Demonstrated passion for sustainability;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite;
- Meticulousness and attentiveness to detail;
- Flexibility, adaptability, problem solver, pragmatic.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Salary is in the range of LEI 2700 – 3700 gross per month on a full-time basis, commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus benefits;
- Personal training budget;
- Gift vouchers for Christmas and Easter;
- Excellent Medical benefits;
- Gym membership;
- Outstanding bonus system;
- Dynamic, professional and friendly work environment within a global mission based organization;
- Interesting career development options in a very innovative market.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing ‘[Name] – Jr.IS TM’ in the subject line.
All applications will be treated with the highest level of discretion and will be accepted until January 26th. For inquiries related to the position, please contact Andrada Nitoiu at email@example.com.
Sustainalytics thanks all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Sustainalytics accepts applications directly from applicants only; no employment or recruitment agencies, please.
Echipa Centrului de Cariera, Alumni si Relatia cu Mediul de Afaceri