Sustainalytics supports investors around the world with the development and implementation of responsible investment strategies. The firm partners with institutional investors, pension plans, and asset managers that integrate environmental, social and governance (ESG) information and assessments into their investment decisions. Sustainalytics is a mission driven, but for profit organization, headquartered in Amsterdam with offices and representatives in 13 locations around the world. The firm has over 190 staff members, including more than 100 analysts with varied multidisciplinary expertise and thorough understanding of more than 40 industries. www.sustainalytics.com
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employment Type: defined period (6 months)
- Level: Entry-Level/Student
- Location: Timisoara
- Start date: January 18th 2016
POSITION PURPOSE & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Do you have an interest for how public companies manage their ESG risks? More precisely, have you been following the media about the below cases?
- Manipulation of emission tests for 11 million vehicles produced by Volkswagen
- Brazil’s worst mining accident, namely the tailings dam spill at Samarco
- Faulty airbags produced by Takata caused 53 million vehicles recall worldwide.
This is where your job would start! Within the Incidents Team we screen news related to the involvement of public companies in incidents, then we assess how and to what extent these incidentsimpact stakeholders, and finally how damaging these incidents are for a company’s reputation. We follow these incidents as developments are reported and in doing so, contribute to research reports, ratings, screenings and engagement tools that give responsible investors around the world the information they need to make long-term investment decisions. In our job we cooperate daily with colleagues in Sustainalytics’ global offices. You will have a local coach who will guide you throughout the entire internship and will provide all the insights you need. Our interns are also a pool of candidates for any jobs that will arise during this period and have real chances of staying with us permanently.
- Perfect business English oral and writing skills are essential. C2 level is a non-negotiable requirement (the company’s working language is English);
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Demonstrated passion for sustainability;
- Meticulous and attentive to detail, client focused;
- Resourceful and independent;
- Adaptable, creative and eager to learn;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Workforce-ready candidates (i.e. those nearing the end of their studies) strongly preferred. © Sustainalytics 2014 1
If this opportunity sounds appealing to you, we would be pleased to receive your application. You can send your CV and cover letter (both in English!) to email@example.com, citing “[name] – Intern Incidents TIM” in the subject line.
Please include your answers to the following questions, a one pager will do:
- Explain the concept of sustainability in your own words.
- Explain the concept of Responsible Investing in your own words.
- Provide an example of how you incorporate sustainability into your day-to-day life.
- Name one product or service that the company offers investors that you would be excited to work on, and explain why.
- Briefly describe an ESG controversy for a well-known company, and highlight implications for stakeholders.
All applications will be treated with the highest level of discretion and will be accepted until Monday, January 11th, 2016. For inquiries related to the position, please contact Oana Crisan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (+40) 356 089 978. Sustainalytics thanks all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Echipa Centrului de Cariera, Alumni si Relatia cu Mediul de Afaceri